Friday, November 28, 2008




Leather.....
I can't believe it but I've taken up yet another hobby. I've learned to carve and tool leather. I think it's having a teenage daughter that inspires me. I see things she and her friends like and think, "Hmm, I could do that." So I do. But, the problem is she won't wear things I make for her. I guess because I'm her Mom. I've sold one on etsy and I'm putting more, but I think I'm probably going to end up with lots of tooled and carved leather things for my family and friends at Christmas. It's fun and like everything else I do, I'll end up with some "inventory" as David calls it. He thinks someday I'll have a shop with all my many products from hobbies and he believes in my talent so maybe he's right. For now I'm just creating and enjoying the process.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

oh my gosh! I did this years ago back during my Camp Piomingo days. It wasn't near this pretty, though. Great job! Morgan won't wear the things I make her either... never has. Someday they'll appreciate our hardwork!

Kari said...

So pretty Lis!!!! I have to have one, they are so beautiful :)

You are so so talented, and amazing...i love you