Wednesday, December 24, 2008

NO....Christmas Tree

How could I have let this happen?
How?
HOW?
O.K. I did start nagging Tha General to get the tree and decorations out from under the house the weekend after Thanksgiving. He kept putting me off. I do not ever venture under the house, otherwise known as "SpiderTown". I am ridiculously afraid of spiders and anyplace that looks spider-ish. Em did offer to help and complained bitterly about not having it up. Finally they did find some time to get it out yesterday which was the 23rd. It was cold and drizzling rain. If I'd had to place odds, my bets were against them bringing it up. Sure enough in about 5 minutes they came back in and said it wasn't worth it. Frankly, I was O.K. with their decision. I know it's terrible, but while I love looking at the tree, I hate the work involved to have it up. I'm really not a Scrooge, but this year I am treeless.

No comments: